Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A nazm little known

This perticular sher Jagjit ji didn't include in his song Kabse hun kya bataaun... in the album Mirza Ghalib, but it carries a lovely meaning and i like it a lot.. so its here for u all :)

Milti Hai Khushbu-e-yaar, naar Iltehaab me,
Kaafir Hun Jo na Milti ho Raahat ajaab me!
Kaasid ke aate aate khat ek aur likh rakhun,
Mai jaanta hun jo wo likhenge jawaab me!

The second sher is ofcourse sung by him in the song...

The meaning goes this way...

I get the fragrance of my lover in the flames of hell,
I am not on the true path of my religion (here the religion being love) if I don't get relief in this pain!

By the time the messenger returns, I will keep one more letter ready,
Because I very well know what is going to be the reply!


I hope you guys like this one and appreciate the meaning and feelings of the nazm :)

2 comments:

Faustus said...

Actually like one of the lines from Mirza Galib serial....

Sajde mein nahi gaye, to shikva bhi nahi kia.

and the favourite ghazal being

Galib-e-Khasta ke bager, kaun se kaam band hain.
Roie Zaar Zaar kya, kijiye haye haye kyun."

avipsha das said...
This comment has been removed by the author.